Alamo Toyota is San Antonio's only LEED Certified automotive dealership. We are at the forefront of pushing the automotive industry, especially at the dealership level, to do business in a greener and more sustainable manner.
What is LEED? The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for new construction is the US Green Building Council's benchmark for the new tenant improvement market. It is the recognized system for certifying high-performance green facilities that are healthy, productive places to work; are less costly to operate and maintain; and have a reduced environmental footprint.
LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas:
- Sustainable site development.
- Water savings.
- Energy efficiency.
- Materials selection.
- Indoor environmental quality.
Exterior LEED Elements
- Parking to encourage carpooling, energy efficiency and decreasing pollutants.
- Recycling storage areas to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills.
- Bike racks to promote cycling to work.
- Native landscaping that is maintained by using less water and resources.
- Recycled aluminum wall panels reducing the building's carbon footprint.
- Car wash that uses reclaimed water thus reducing consumption.
- Site lighting that does not encroach on neighboring property or pollute the night sky.
- Use of green power, this renewable energy offsets the development of carbon and the use of fossil fuels to create electricity.
Interior LEED Elements
- Recycling, which reduces the amount of waste to our landfills and the need for new raw materials.
- Low flow toilets and urinals.
- Green housekeeping using only the most environmentally friendly products and techniques.
- Lighting occupancy sensors that determine when a room is empty and turn off the lights.
- Floors, walls and ceiling tiles made from post-consumer waste.
- Daylight views which reduce the need for lighting and promotes productivity and well-being.
Please stop in for a tour of our facility at your convenience.